Digital Media Lab
During the summer we are offering a Digital Media Lab within the Kids & Teens Department. The lab is available to IPPL cardholders of all ages.
- The Digital Media Lab is open during normal library hours but closes 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- The Lab is open to people with valid Indian Prairie Library cards. Children must be in at least 4th grade or accompanied by an adult.
- All general behavioral guidelines for the library apply.
- No food or drinks of any kind are permitted.
- A maximum of 4 people are allowed at any given time.
- User can make 2-hour reservations (with extended time permitted if no one else is waiting) at the Kids and Teens Ask Us Desk with a valid IPPL card. Reservations will be held for 10 minutes after the appointed time.
- The room is available on a walk-up basis if no one is using it. A valid IPPL card is required.
The individual who checks out the room will be considered the main user and is responsible for any damage or misuse of the equipment, even if a group is working on a project together.
Users must save their work on an external memory source. Flash drives are sold at the Ask Us Desk.
- 2 Apple MacBook Pro Computers
- Cannon Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR Camera – Video & Photo Captures
- Rhode Professional Videomic Microphone
- Yeti USB Microphone for studio quality recordings
- Cowboy Studio Photography/Video Lighting Kit with Black, White and Green Backdrops
- iMovie – Create beautiful HD Movies and Hollywood-style trailers
- GarageBand – Learn, Play, Record and Create great sounding songs
- Pixlemator – Powerful image editing app to create and edit images
- Microsoft Office – Create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and slideshows.
We are not providing training at this time. The Lab is available to people who already know how and want to use the equipment. We will provide classes in the future.