Checkout periods are one, two or three weeks.
Items owned by IPPL may be checked out as follows:
- 21 Days: most books, new non-fiction, CDs, audio-books, Playaways, e-readers, and CD Roms.
- 14 Days: new fiction books, new CDs, new audio books, periodicals, adult non-fiction DVDs, Kids & Teen DVDs, Playaway Views, study guides, award books, downloadable audio books, e-books, Kreative Krates, console games, Leap Pad equipment, miscellanious equipment
- 7 Days: feature film DVDs, new Kids & Teen DVDs, new console games,
Most 14 and 21 day materials may be renewed twice for the same length of time as the original loan period unless the item has been requested by someone else. New console games and new Kids & Teen DVDs may be renewed once. There are no renewals on the following items:
- Items reserved for another Indian Prairie patron
- Adult feature films
- Rental books
- Downloadable e-books and audio books
Renewals may be requested by phone at 630/887-8760 or online by logging into your account.
Wondering if one of your items is "new?" Look for a red or blue sticker on the item, or, in the library catalog, "new" will appear in the location area.
IPPL cardholders may request a 6-week vacation loan on 3-week items.