Checkout periods are one, two or three weeks.
Items may be checked out as follows:
- 21 Days: most books, new non-fiction, CDs, audio-books, Playaways, e-readers, CD Roms and adult non fiction DVDs and Kids & Teens DVDs that are not new.
- 14 Days: new fiction books, new CDs, new audio books, periodicals, new adult non-fiction DVDs, Playaway Views, study guides, award books, downloadable audio books, e-books, Kreative Krates, console games, Leap Pad equipment, miscellaneous equipment.
- 7 Days: feature film DVDs, new Kids & Teen DVDs, new console games, Rokus.
Most 14 and 21 day materials may be renewed unless the item has been requested by someone else.
There are no renewals on the following items:
- Items reserved for another Indian Prairie patron
- Adult feature films
- Rental books
- Downloadable e-books and audio books
- New console games
Renewals may be requested by phone at 630/887-8760 or online by logging into your account.
Wondering if one of your items is "new?" Look for a new sticker on the item, or, in the library catalog, "new" will appear under material type.
IPPL cardholders may request a 6-week vacation loan on 3-week items.