How to request items using the SWAN Catalog
- Go to the library catalog (SWAN)
- Search for the item you want.
- Call the library 630/887-8760 if the item is on shelf. The staff will pull the item and hold it for you for 3 days.
- If the item is checked out, click the button at the top of the page.
- Fill out the form. First time users must create a library account.
- To place several reserves, log on to "My Account" first, then search for the items to request.
- To cancel a hold, click on the requests (holds). Choose "Cancel All" or "Cancel Selected."
- To receive an email notice when your item has arrived, log in to your library account, click "Modify Email" to add or change your e-mail address.
- To freeze your hold so it won't arrive at an inconvenient time, click the box to the left of the title, then click the "freeze" box on the right. Don't forget to "un-freeze it".
How to renew items using the SWAN Catalog
- Go to the library catalog (SWAN).
- Log in to your library account.
- Search for the item you want to renew.
- Check the box in front of the item and click on the renew button.
- If the limit of renewals has been reached or someone else is waiting for the item, renewing it may not be possible.
Please note: if you forget your PIN or have a problem accessing your account, call 630/887-8760.
Suggest a purchase
Please complete the following information (an asterisk * denotes a required field)