Illinois Math and Science Academy (IMSA): 21st Century Information Fluency Project - Online tools, resources, and lessons to help you create information literate students. Includes "Wizard Tools" to help students search for, evaluate, and correctly cite information.
Copyright for Educators, James Madison University - Resources for teachers and librarians on fair use and copyright.
Integrating Technology: Lesson Planning
4 Teachers.org - Free technology-enhanced lessons, planning, and tools. Includes online quiz wizards, rubrics, project-based learning tools, and more.
Collaboratory Project, Northwestern University - Online lessons, tools, and community to support activity-based learning in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education standards. Projects can be searched or you can create your own.
Filimentality, AT&T Knowledge Network - Create Web-based lessons & activities for students using this free template. Your Web lesson stays on AT&T's server, so all you need to do is point your students toward your online lesson.
Thinkfinity (formerly MarcoPolo), Verizon Education and Technology in the 21st C - Key resource across subjects with online lessons, excellent sources, and broad scope.
WebQuests, San Diego State University - One of the most discussed Web-based learning tools on the WWW. Teachers can create Web-based plans for students and share these with other educators. Search by subject and grade or create your own using Filamentality or QuestGarden.
Integrating Technology: Virtual Field Trips
- Louvre, Paris - Several virtual tours of collections and galleries, with streaming video (using QuickTime).
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York, New York - Rotating online exhibits from both the permanent and visiting collections.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. - Online collections allow students to explore periods and styles from the National Gallery.
- Vincent Van Gogh Gallery - Thumbnails and full images of Van Gogh's most celebrated works.
SCIENCE & INVENTION
- Access Excellence - Virtual dissections, labs, and field trips.
- Bugscope, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology - K-12 students participate in online experiments and direct a real electron microscope at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Exploratorium - Choose from several possible "field trips" without leaving the computer lab.