Community Outreach & School Visits
Youth Services staff can provide programming for preschools, scouts and other service groups, school groups, parent groups or teachers. Bring your group to the library for:
- Story time in our Story Time Room
- Library Tours
- In-house bibliographic instruction and research - Lessons on how to find resources, build information literacy, use databases and more.
Or let us come to you for:
- Booktalks - Quick chats on new titles or books on a specific theme
- Computer and Bibliographic instruction - guiding students through the research process
- Story Time - our storytellers visit your class to enhance your curriculum.
Contact Sarah Joynt, Senior Youth Services Librarian at sarahj @ ippl.info or by calling 630-887-8760 ext. 261 for more information or to book a program. Teachers should contact School Liaison Judy Cochran at 630-887-8760 ext. 271 or judyc @ ippl.info to schedule a school visit to the library or to have a librarian visit your school. Please note that two weeks notice is requried to schedule outreach programming for your group.