Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
What is TAB?
- A forum for 7th-12th graders to meet other teens who like the library and reading.
- A place to have a voice in planning the library's teen activities.
- A way for teens to have fun and earn community service hors.
What responsibilities do TAB members have?
- Attend seven of the ten TAB meetings throughout the year.
- Attend at least three teen programs outside of TAB.
- Write at least six book or media reviews for the Library's website.
- Plan teen programs and activities, and promote them in the community.
- Assist with programming in the Youth Services department.
TAB meets on the third Saturday of each month from 2:30-4:30 p.m. During the meetings we discuss and plan upcoming activities, talk about good books and websites, and ways the library can help teens.
Contact Sarah Joynt, Senior Youth Services Librarian at (630) 887-8760 ext. 261 for details.