Computers & Internet
There is free high speed WiFi throughout the library, which should automatically be detected by your computer. Questions? Stop at the Computer Help Desk.
Computers for Adults
IPPL cardholders can use a desktop or laptop for up to 90 minutes each day; reserve a computer by calling 630/887-8760 ext. 238. We offer Internet access and Microsoft Office 2010 products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. We have guest computers for people without IPPL cards, and walkup Internet stations for quick 20-minute sessions.
Computers for Kids & Teens
A variety of options are available for IPPL cardholders including iPads, desktops, laptops, netbooks, and an iMac. The child-friendly computers in the Family Center do not require an IPPL card.
Laser printers offer one color black printouts for 10¢ a page and color printouts for 25¢ a page. Wireless printing is available.
Scanners are available at no charge.
Software for Homework
Desktops are equipped with program suited for homework assignments such as:
- Microsoft Office 2010 including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Audacity (sound editing)
- Gimp and Paint.Net (photo editing)
- Photo Story 3 (video creator)
- Windows Live Movie Maker (video editing)
- Camstudio and Jim (screencasts)
- Windows Journal Viewer
- Google Earth
Our iMac computer has:
- iWork (Keynote, Pates & Numbers)
- Google Earth
- iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
- Office for Mac 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Pixelmator (photo editor)
For details about e-readers, copiers and other equipment IPPL has, visit the Equipment page.
Click here for computer classes at IPPL.