May be arranged for IPPL cardholders unable to come to the library due to physical disabilities or other mobility limitations
Deliveries are usually every two weeks
Call the Homebound Coordinator at 630/887-8760 ext. 265 to set up a delivery or for more information
Intellikeys keyboard for use by people with vision and physical disabilities. Located at Computer Help Desk.
Adjustable hands-free full page magnifier with a 7" x 10" lens. Located at Adult Ask Us Desk.
Merlin Enhanced Vision magnifier (for low vision users). In library use. Located in Adult Services in the Special Interest 55+ area across from our paperback collection.
Pocketalker personal sound amplifier for use in library. Located at Adult Ask Us Desk.
Motorized cart for use in library. Ask at the Checkout Desk.
Two personal portable HiTec Sound Wizards for check out. Ask at the Checkout Desk.
SmartView Versa lightweight handheld electronic magnifier. User may connect the SmartView to a TV for increased magnifcation. Available for check out at the Checkout Desk.
BigTrack Trackball mouse helps those with hand mobility problems use the computer more effectively. Ask at the Computer Help Desk.
- MonoMouse Zoom handheld electronic magnifier and low vision aid. Connect this to your television and see your magnified text on the screen. Available for check out at the Checkout Desk.
- Reading Pen2 personal reading assistant. It reads the text you scan by word or by line and helps you understand text through dictionary functions. Available for check out at the Checkout Desk.
Kids and Teens Department (Ask staff for assistance)
• Adaptive toys for sensory play
• Apps on iPads for children with A.D.D. and autism
• BoardMaker software loaded on one computer station. Make and adapt materials for those who need symbols
• Braille books available
If you plan on coming to an event or program and need any special accommodations, please let us know at 630/887-8760 ext. 243
(Ask at the Computer Help Desk.)
- iZoom Magnifier program. Magnifies computer screen. Loaded on a laptop for use in library.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking software converts your voice to text. Loaded on laptop for use in library.